cPanel: How to fix a corrupted named.conf
- Sometimes named.conf gets corrupted on cPanel server.
- You can see that by creating a DNS report with https://viewdns.info/dnsreport/ and your nameservers records do not have any IP addresses listed. Here is the quick fix to that in cpanel servers.
- First of all move the corrupted named.conf using the following command
[email protected][~]# mv /etc/named.conf /etc/named.conf.bak
- Now simply execute the cpanel script to rebuild the named.conf
[email protected][~]# /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/rebuilddnsconfig
- And restart the named service:
[email protected][~]#/etc/init.d/named restartAll should be fine again