- Sometimes named.conf gets corrupted on cPanel server.
- You can see that by creating a DNS report with https://viewdns.info/dnsreport/ and your nameservers records do not have any IP addresses listed. Here is the quick fix to that in cpanel servers.
- First of all move the corrupted named.conf using the following command
root@cpanelserver[~]# mv /etc/named.conf /etc/named.conf.bak
- Now simply execute the cpanel script to rebuild the named.conf
- And restart the named service:
root@cpanelserver[~]#/etc/init.d/named restart All should be fine again